Old 04-08-2003, 02:45 AM
cbitzer cbitzer is offline
Registered User

Location: New Jersey, United States
Default new owner of a japanese maple needs help!

I have a Japanese Maple Tree that is not looking so good. The leaves are dry, a little curly, and look like they are missing something. The color is not as deep a red as when I first got it.

I normally water my garden in the morning shortly before the sun comes up, but I only water the base of the japanese maple. I don't want the leaves to burn. Is there a proper way to water it? Should I water it in the evening so I can get the leaves wet? Does it need some sort of fertilizer. I think I have it in a good spot. Near the house, part shade/sun (about 4 hrs of direct sunlight) not much wind.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!
-Caroline