Old 05-08-2003, 04:18 AM
saki

Default Lavender Dream?

Cass wrote in
:

saki wrote:

Could I ask who the supplier is, and whether they're willing to ship
now? Helpmefind lists various suppliers but I've had no luck finding
anyone who actually has it in stock.

That's the rub. Unfortunately, it is a patent rose and the patent is
held by J & P. I don't know if they've ever released the rose. It is
available through Canadian suppliers. Their sites says they won't ship
to the US, but it happens. You can't keep a good rose secret....

Certainly true, and I think that this one fits the bill. I saw it growing
earlier this year at Descanso Gardens. It's quite striking and seems easy
to handle.

It isn't lavender, btw. But it is on the mauve end of pink, certainly
not the bubble gum pink like Bonica.

That'll harmonize nicely with my other mauves. As I recall Lavender Dream
also has a very nice light scent, something like mignonettes.

Perhaps I'll have to try some cuttings while waiting for a U.S. distributor
to get sensible.

Many thanks for the info.

----