Old 05-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Kay Easton

Default Shrub roses

In article , Franz Heymann
writes
I have a few shrub roses of the Rugosa type. They are all throwng up
suckers by the dozen.
My question is whether such roses are customarily grown as cuttings, or
are they grafted?
The reason I ask is to help me decide whether to remove the suckers
and/or to replant them, or whether I just leave them on the parent bushes.
The latter will lead to trouble sooner rather than later, as my plants are
spreading in width at about 2 ft per year.

Mine are on their own roots, and they do sucker pretty freely.

Can you not tell from the foliage? Is it rugosa type or dog rose type?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: