Old 01-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Bob Provencher

Default Mantis tiller

"Bruce Yates" wrote in message
Can anyone give me their opinion on the Mantis tiller?

I had a troy built years ago and loved it, but sold it after back
surgery. Went to square foot gardening a couple of years ago and am
considering one for my small garden, flower beds, etc.

How good is it at breaking sod for new planting beds?

I'm not sure about breaking sod, depends on which mantis you buy. I'd go
for the one with the 4-stroke honda enegine, it's similar to the red ox.

I rented the 2-cycle once and had trouble starting it like others, it did
seem very tempermental.

I've never used the 4-stroke. Honda themselves has a nice looking small
4-stroke you might want to check out. I have a large honda rear tine and
it's been very reliable.

--
Bob Provencher
ICQ 881862