Old 07-08-2003, 04:42 AM

Default Fish pond water kills all fish within 24 hours.

(Timothy Tom) wrote:

Did your powerwasher ever hold soap or other cleaning supplies?
With repeated losses in such a short time, there is something toxic still in
the pond. Garden fertilizer? Decomposing residues fro before? I don't
think a high turnover with chlorinated water would have killed the first
batch. Were there any other changes in equipment at that time?

Jim

The powerwasher has never had any kind of detergent or cleaner used in
it. My wife said she had added plant fertilizer to the plants, but
she said she had used this before without problem to the koi. In
addition my last two unsuccessful attempts to add fish were done after
multiple water changes with all plants/fertilizer removed. Following
the death of the first fish, the pond was totally cleaned with very
little residue left, with the exception of some crevices from the lava
rock. If rotting residue were the problem though, wouldnt there be an
ammonia spike? What I am planning to do is to remove all material
from the pond (pumps, rocks, everything, add water only and
conditioner) to eliminate all variables.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.