Old 07-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Gardening - test

"anne" wrote in message
Are gnomes related to trolls?

No, but top-posters are.

[Franz Heymann]

Warren wrote in message
news:tigYa.83134$o%2.37959@sccrnsc02...
Heather wrote:
what is a troll?????

A troll is someone who posts something outrageous just to watch people
get riled-up. Sometimes a troll will do a little flaming (attacking the
person, not the ideas) just to watch everyone else start to get
personality issues and the real issue confused to the point that threads
will go down several layers with no real substance. Trolls cast a wide
net, and try to upset as many people as possible.

"Don't feed the trolls," essentially means you should ignore the troll,
and not get caught in his net.

The origin is the trolling that a fisherman does. Essentially we're
talking about casting a wide net, and seeing what we can catch.

Of course it's also fun to picture the troll as a evil little elf.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.