Old 07-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default need find cheap (or free) good filter medium for my 436 Gallon filter

Kathy's suggestion of window screen is probably the best for both mechanical
and bio. If you just wanted bio, then the strapping material used for boxes
has a lot of surface and is easy to clean, as well as being relatively
cheap. You could put a goodly chunk of window screening in the first half
(water inlet) and some of the strapping material on the other end (outlet)
and get a considerable amount of surface area for your biobugs.

Lee
"John" wrote in message
m...
I just build a my filter box 40''x42x 60''(with plywood,treated
lumber,simpson ties etc) for my 6000 Gallon pond, need a lot of medium
to fill the filter, my budget is very tight now, please advice on any
good CHEAP medium ( I believe I need both machanic & bio filter
medium). thanks in advance