Old 08-08-2003, 07:15 PM
Mike Fitz

Default 2nd try for Berberis help - Thank you N/M

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Mike Fitz
writes
Can someone please tell me what is the quickest growing (to about

1metre),
and roughest to the touch Berberis? I need to replace a small hedge that
idiots keep uprooting! also does anyone know where online would supply

the
same?
Thanks

and when you do plant them, plant them through chicken wire buried and
pegged down in the ground under the surface, so that when they try to
pull them up they 'try' to bring the chicken wire up with them ;-)

AND, just in case they are getting the stock for the next week's Car
Boot sale, spray all the stems and branches near ground level with an
obvious coloured paint, like red or blue ;-)

My Son in Law had £400.00 worth of hedge plants taken out. Replaced as
above and guess what? ;-)))))) Still there a year later doing very
nicely.

------
You can fool some of the people some of the time.
You can fool a lot of the people a lot of the time.
But you cannot fool ALL of the people ALL of the time.

---