Old 10-08-2003, 04:32 AM
mg

Default Lycaste question

I got a Lycaste aromatica that came in a slat basket potted in moss.
The guy I got it from said I wouldn't have to repot if for 2 years.

Jerry Hoffmeister wrote:
Hi all,

When's the best time or should I say when in their growth cycle is the best
time to repot a Lycaste? I have a large longiscapa that's in a plastic pot
and growing in opposite directions and I'm concerned the new growths will
get crunched by the side of the pot (it's already "stretched"). Also, I'm
curious what you pot lycaste's in - plastic or clay pots and what medium you
use.

Thanks!
Jerry