Old 11-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Corn Plant - House Plant Type - Propagation

Not a "Corn Plant" at all.

Do a search for Dracaena fragrans, better known as "Dragon Tree".

Bunny McElwee wrote in message
I have what I only know as a Corn Plant in my home. I am assuming it

is
a tropical houseplant. It has done very well since I received it 6 years
ago. My question is, I would like to propagate this plant and make another
one. I have several stalks coming from the main "trunk" of the plant,
including two which are right beside one another. I've had trouble finding
information on how to propagate this plant. If anyone has any helpful

hints,
please let me know. Here are pics of the plant, where you can see the two
growing very near each other, I was considering cutting off the trunk and
planting, but don't know if this is the proper way to propagate.

http://members.cchat.com/mcelwee/garden/cornplant1.jpg
http://members.cchat.com/mcelwee/garden/cornplant2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated! I love this plant and it was given to

me
by my husband for an Anniversary, so I would love to be able to make two

of
a plant that I hold dear!

--
Bunny McElwee
President

'91 Mariner Blue - BlueFlash (we call her Blue for short)
License Plate - IXCLR8
Jackson Racing Cold Air Induction, Chrome Interior Accents, Racing Beat
Chrome Double Hoop Style Bar, FM Sway Bars, Heim End Links,
Koni Adjustable Shocks (lowest perch), JR Sport Exhaust, JR Cat,
Moss Headers, JVC MP3 Player, Bazooka Powered
Subwoofer with internal 4 Channel Amp, silly grin (driver and car!) and

too
much more to list.