Old 11-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Ray

Default "60 Minutes" segment on the orchid industry tonight

Several years ago, I saw the first (and apparently only) wild-collected blue
Phal violacea offered for $35,000. Theoretically, it's the source of all
coerulean violaceas, and thank goodness for meristemming and selfing, so
they're more affordable!

Yet another way that orchid growing teaches patience.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"disy" wrote in message
. net...

"Dewitt" wrote in message
I don't have any details, but "60 Minutes" is supposed to have a
segment on the orchid industry tonight.

deg

Pretty good show. I cannot believe someone would spend $20,000 for one
plant, but then again I have a limited budget - who knows what I would do

if
I had unlimited funds