Old 03-02-2003, 03:38 AM
samuel l crowe

Default Tomato Cages Online?

I don't know about rebar, never used that except to hold my concrete
reinforcement wire cages from tipping over when the plants get 7-8 feet
tall.
The wire cages last for years, the only drawback I can think of is storage,
I have about 75 of them and they do take up quite a bit of space for
storage.
My .02 cents.
--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC

"Phaedrine Stonebridge" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Pat Meadows wrote:

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:24:17 -0600, Phaedrine Stonebridge
wrote:

Does anyone know of a place I can buy the tall (at least 54") tomato
cages online? Like 25 to 50 of them?

You can make them out of rebar. Hard to work with, but very
strong and sturdy.

Rebars eh? Sounds interesting. Thanks for responding. Would you mind
giving a little description please? I assume you use the bars as
verticals and that you are using the narrowest ones you can get. Do you
have them cut to size? What do you use for horizontal members and how
are you attaching the two? Are you welding? Are they not kind of heavy
and how are you storing them? Do the plants seem to mind all the excess
iron?