Old 03-02-2003, 03:38 AM
Bill and Nancy Weiler

Default Tomato Cages Online?

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

Rebars eh? Sounds interesting. Thanks for responding. Would you mind
giving a little description please? I assume you use the bars as
verticals and that you are using the narrowest ones you can get. Do you
have them cut to size? What do you use for horizontal members and how
are you attaching the two? Are you welding? Are they not kind of heavy
and how are you storing them? Do the plants seem to mind all the excess
iron?

He might have meant concrete reinforcing wire. It comes in rolls 60
inches wide and about 10 gauge. I have used them for years--they last
forever, it seems. I make mine 2 ft in diameter (that's a piece about 6
ft long rolled into a cylinder.) I don't bother with supporting stakes
but you can use steel fence posts. I use the wire for things other than
baskets--like support for my vine crops.

Bill

--
Bill and Nancy Weiler
Tony, Wisconsin