Old 12-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Walter Epp

Default problems with genetic engineering

"Moosh:}" wrote:
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:17:07 -0700, Walter Epp
posted:
Have you got ANY evidence of any problems?

Here's a start:
http://www.purefood.org/ge/btcomments.cfm

"Possible Human Health Hazards of Genetically Engineered Bt Crops"
^^^^^^^^^

If you had bothered to read past the first line, you would have noticed
that it documents case after case where biotech blind presumptions and
conventional wisdom on which their safety arguments are based were
proven wrong, and it cites peer-reviewed evidence that consuming
genetically modified food harms mammals.

http://www.foxbghsuit.com/exhibit%20r.htm

Milk from cows given rBGH is no different from milk from cows given
any other BGH. Whether we should treat cows at all ia the point here.
Not a GE matter.

What is your evidence there is no difference?
If there is no difference how did Monsanto get a patent and trademark on it?
Where are cows being fed non-GMO BGH and what are the methodologies
and results of comparative studies of their health and the health of animals
who eat their milk products?
Where is the proof there were no byproducts or contaminants, as occurred
with GE tryptophan?

http://www.psrast.org/bghsalmonella.htm

Propaganda site about rBGH milk again.

So it's your position that the New England Journal of Medicine is
"propaganda". Very interesting.

http://www.preventcancer.com/press/july8,98.htm

More propaganda about "Monsanto milk"

So now the Lancet is "propaganda" too.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/rbgh/cancer091302.cfm

More milk and hormone treatment of cows.

http://www.factoryfarm.org/docs/rBGH-Hudson.doc
http://www.psrast.org/pusztai.htm
http://www.egroups.com/message/corp-ethics/1104
http://www.biotech-info.net/beneficials2.html
http://www.organicconsumers.org/ge/070903_ge.cfm
http://www.bwf.org/gedebate.html#5
http://www.organicconsumers.org/ge/frankenfish.cfm
http://www.psrast.org/superwee.htm
http://www.mindfully.org/GE/Superweed-Canola-Canada.htm
http://www.organicconsumers.org/pate...nger090401.cfm
http://www.psrast.org/soilfertfact.htm
http://www.idiom.com/~for7gen/i/gecatast.htm and links therein, especially
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/meltdown.php
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/unstable.php
http://www.vshiva.net/aticles/gmo_failure.htm
http://www.psrast.org/prhortra.htm
http://www.i-sis.org.uk/camvrecdis.php
http://www.i-sis.org/CaMV.shtml
http://www.i-sis.org/camv-mehd.shtml
http://www.i-sis.org/terminsects-pr.shtml
http://www.vshiva.net/aticles/risks_...nd_science.htm
http://www.psrast.org/jftrypt.htm

I've looked at the first five and not found any evidence of damage
from GE. Have you actually got any? I really don't want to blow my
download allocation on more empty URLs

An attention span of longer than 5 seconds is needed to grasp these issues.

--
delete N0SPAAM to reply by email