Old 13-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Pat Meadows

Default about the trolls

On 13 Aug 2003 11:57:25 GMT,
(ThisJobs4Me) wrote:

This troll has been reading and posting in this newsgroup for over ten years.
If youve been here over 5 you'd remember sandg1. the reason i seldom post
anymore is that ive been here long enough to have read it all before. I garden
10 acres in southwest Ohio, ive never killed a dog, and have had deer jump over
6 foot fence to graze on my gardens while the rabbits and coons dug under
them. and yes, if i were eating my neighbors garden id expect them to shoot me
too. Since i lived in Plymouth MI before moving here i know theres not much
wildlife there, therefore im sure the occasional rabbit is a fascination for
Pat. As for me they destroy a source of income.

The Old Troll.

I doubt if you really mean that you are a troll in the
newsgroup sense of the word: a person who deliberately
stirs up trouble and tries to create arguments and hatred on
a group, then goes to another group, and so on.

These people are (I can only believe) mentally ill. There's
no sane reason why anyone would want to do this. Sane
people do not spread hatred and ill will, with no possible
tangible benefit to themselves. They just get a perverted
satisfaction from doing this, apparently.

In fact, if you've been reading and posting on this
newsgroup for over ten years, you are almost certainly not a
troll in that sense of the word.

Trolls, helped by spammers, have all-but destroyed Usenet,
which was formerly a thriving and most useful resource.
It's a real shame. Rec.gardens.edible is one of the
comparatively very few viable newsgroups left.

Here's the Usenet (newsgroup) definition of a troll:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionC...ml#definitions

Go ahead and call yourself a troll if you wish.....

But I sure wouldn't call myself something despicable and
loathsome, something that tries to spread hatred and
dissent.

Pat