Old 13-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Torsten Brinch

Default Paying to find non-GE wild corn?

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:24:41 GMT, Mooshie peas
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:21:57 +0200, Torsten Brinch
posted:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:38:11 GMT, Mooshie peas
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:07:10 +0200, Torsten Brinch
posted:

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 04:42:14 GMT, "Moosh:}"
wrote:
But as dangers are usually comparative, what about a compare with coal
fired power?

Sellafield versus a coal power plant? I can't see you posting a
compare doing harm to your rep.

Sorry, I don't understand this sentence.

No worries, I'll just rephrase: I can't imagine as a possibility,
that it would do harm to your reputation,

Ahh, reputation, thankyou.
And "your posting".

No, no. "you". Like in, "I can't see you doing harm to your rep."
It's irony.

No, no, it's confused English.
"Posting" is a gerund, and gerunds take the possessive case in
pronouns, when appropriate. Otherwise your sentence is confused.

So, there's the source of your confusion: the assumption,
that "posting" in that sentence has the function of a gerund.
Who made that assumption?

For me, "rep" is not a usual abbreviation for "reputation".

It was with the knowledge that it would be unusual for
John Riley, that I chose it. :-)

Its full form just didn't occur to me.

:-) It likely wouldn't apparently occur to JR, and if it didn't,
he would be too lazy to look it up in the dictionary, too.