Old 14-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default about the trolls

Pat Meadows said:

On 13 Aug 2003 11:57:25 GMT,
(ThisJobs4Me) wrote:

.. Since i lived in Plymouth MI before moving here i know theres not much
wildlife there, therefore im sure the occasional rabbit is a fascination for
Pat. As for me they destroy a source of income.

The Old Troll.

I doubt if you really mean that you are a troll in the
newsgroup sense of the word: a person who deliberately
stirs up trouble and tries to create arguments and hatred on
a group, then goes to another group, and so on.

I dunno, the crack about not much wildlife in Plymouth is meant to be provocative.
In my neighborhood, we've got got *lots* of racoons, possums, rabbits, skunks,
squirrels (four kinds, counting chipmunks), groundhogs, the occasional fox
and, in Hines park and along Tonquish Creek, deer. A deer ran into the Penn
Theatre downtown a few years ago, and I've seen them across the street from
my house.

If I didn't have my fence rigged up like I do, and my traps, and neighbors who
are also interested in controlling groundhogs, veggie gardening would be an
entirely masochistic pursuit, instead of a hobby which provides a nice bit of
high-quality food.

Gardening is not my livelihood; I thoroughly sympathize with farmers and
understand that they do need to protect their crops to protect their livelihoods.
Some people may be naive about that, but I'm not one of them.

It just occured to me the OP might have been making a veiled crack at the nightlife
in downtown Plymouth. That's picking up a bit (more restaurants and pubs). Of
course, there are those who think that this trend to wild-living is going to destroy
what makes Plymouth 'Plymouth.'

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)