Old 14-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Larry Harrell

Default Portugal

(Aozotorp) wrote in message ...
Why is any of Portugal burning if the forests are more than 90 % Privately
owned?

Awww geeeee, are you looking for an actual answer or are you implying
something?

Why are America's forests dying and burning when the majority of
forests are publicly owned? The Black Hills, the LA forests, the
southern pine beetle, Rocky Mountain droughts and now the Pacific
Northwest is in serious danger. All situations have been made worse by
meddling "preservationist" activities. Often, projects are created to
pass court rulings first and manage the lands secondly or thirdly or
so on.

Corruption in forest politics is NOT a new thing when it comes to
mismanagement of forests. Eco-forestry CAN be successful on a
nationwide basis if properly funded and run by Forester/Ecologists.
Personally, I welcome public oversight but resent public individuals
wanting to impose their uneducated and slanted views on the rest of
Americans (especially those living in forests).

Someday I need to post my top ten lies and misconceptions that the
"preservationist community" feeds their unsuspecting targets. Let me
think about it.

Larry