Old 14-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Theo Asir

Default Reaction from a Thorn

Ouch! Talk about the need for arm length gloves.
This sometimes happens to me 'cos I do most of my
rose gardening w/ minimal gloves. I'm not a masochist
but usually when I move slow and carefully I never get
nicked.

Usually when the swelling continues a piece of the barb
has broken off under your skin. Unless you're able to retreive it
(I'm an expert w/ a safety pin) time to visit a doctor.
It will not go away.

On the other hand it could just be a reaction.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Cdonahey41" wrote in message
About a week ago, I was raking underneath an Abraham Darby rose - and I

ended
up getting stuck by three thorns on my forearm. . I had an instant

response to
one of the thorns. A lump or swollen place just popped up on my arm; I

had no
pain. My skin bled from one of the other thorns and the other one hurt

the
most. Anyway, I ended up with a rectangular bruise - maybe three inches

by two
inches, that is still noticeable. I still have a small lump. Did I hit a

vein
or the bone? I have never had such a reaction before from a thorn.