Old 14-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Bruce Ritchings

Default High Hopes/New Dawn/other ideas?

Hello,
My local nursery says I should choose between High Hopes and New
Dawn for the rose I need. Can someone please point me to information
on these two?

Here's what I'm looking for (perhaps someone has better ideas than
High Hopes or New Dawn?)
* long rambler (15') that will grow along a 4' fence
* pink (New Dawn is apparently barely pink, so it might fill the bill)
* must bloom in late July and August here in San Diego near beach
* petal count less than or equal to 40 due to coolish temps near beach
* petal count 6, i..e. not single
* disease resistance would be nice due to fog from beach, but not
absolutely necessary (I can just spray like crazy I guess).

Thanks in advance, Bruce