Old 14-08-2003, 10:44 PM
john rutz

Default How many koi is too many koi

OK, Take out the filtration factor and what is too much for koi?

The reason I ask is that I see so many different claims, and then I
go see a koi breeder and they have 20 big ones in 1000 gallons (30+
inches). And 50 or more in 750 gallon setups...

Carl

-- -- http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com

well one you cant compare a sales or show tanks with our/your pond,
most sales show tanks are highly filtered, and have large daily water changes

and the fish population starts high
and then drops rapidly as sales go on.

where with our ponds we usualy use smaller filters, and add fish as time
goes by either by our fish growing or pruchasing new ones here and there

also thier sales tanks are in locations where they stay clean no leaves
,grass, garden chemicals and they probly add "maitenance" chemicals daily
where we dont ours are in yards exposed to all the vagrancies mother
nature can throw at us

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico