Old 14-08-2003, 10:18 PM
BenignVanilla

Default How many koi is too many koi

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
OK, Take out the filtration factor and what is too much for koi?

The reason I ask is that I see so many different claims, and then I go
see a koi breeder and they have 20 big ones in 1000 gallons (30+
inches). And 50 or more in 750 gallon setups...

Think of it this way...I am going to put you in a sealed room. You are
allowed to wander where ever you want, and you do. At some random point I
will add fatal amount of toxin to a small area in the room. This toxin will
slowly distribute over time and will eventually reside in every area of the
room. The amount of toxin that is deadly to you is proportionate to the
amount of air that it is mixed with. Little air lotsa toxin, you are dead.
Lotsa air and same amount of toxin, you live.

Now...You get to choose the room. Would you like to be in a room the size of
a Cooper Mini, or would you choose a footbal stadium?

Same deal for fish.

BV.