Old 14-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Broiled Urglers for Dinner? Or Baked?

On 13 Aug 2003 20:14:56 GMT, Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
Rodger Whitlock wrote:
Just a word of commiseration to those urglers resident in the UK
and environs: Your current heatwave made the newspaper headlines
here.

Commiseration? It has been WONDERFUL! I have been seizing the
opportunity to relay some paving slabs :-)

Perhaps a trifle sticky, but definitely the sort of warmth I like.
And so do my chillis ....

I really can't disagree with you. I drove down to the San
Francisco Bay area in late June when they were having a heat wave
there -- temperatures in Walnut Creek, where I was staying, were
between 95F and 100F in the shade. What a delight to get warm
right down to one's bones! And it was a nice, dry heat, too, so
very tolerable as long as one wore a hat and sunglasses.

Driving through Redding, California, at the very top of
California's Central Valley, I encountered temperatures around
105F. Hot country!

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada