Old 15-08-2003, 08:42 AM
martin

Default Great Dixter. Follow up. Books, books, books?

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:28:23 +0100, Mike
wrote:

I haven't read any of his books, Joan is the gardener, but she does show
me 'snippets' here and there and explains 'That is what I want to do'
and if it involves the hardware, out comes the spade, spirit level, etc.
Not just his books, but what seems like 100's of gardening books, which
leads me to ask the question, 'Why do gardeners have so many books?'

a)They are an excuse for avoiding/postponing physical work.

b) People give them as presents
--
Martin