Old 15-08-2003, 01:04 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Chillies Not Flowering

"Tim" wrote in message
s.com...

"Sarah Dale" wrote in message
news
Hi All,

I planted scotch bonnet chilli seeds from Marshalls this year (having
grown supermarket special saved from a fresh purchased chilli last

year),
they were planted early April, gown on carefully, potted up etc..

The plants are about 3 ft tall and are in the conservatory (S facing but
with blinds). The bl**dy things had about 2 flowers each about a month

ago
- and these dropped off!!

Since then - no flowers - what can I do to persuade these things to
flower and set fruit??? I've cut back the watering this week, as I was
watering once a day. Any hints and tips?? I will also try talking to

them
tonight - actually it will be swearing!

Sarah

Try using fertiliser for flowers (high postassium ? ) rather than
vegetables. Otherwise, I've never had any problems with my chillis'
flowering.
Yes, reduce the watering for a bit - I find letting them almost

completely
dry out, then a good soaking works very well. So, keep them on the dry

side.

Tim.

If you have a south facing area in your garden you could try putting them
outside - this would help with the fertilisation as well.