Old 15-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Gregory Young

Default Roofing Liner

Actually it depends on where the material is made. According to Firestone
manufacturing, there is an oil used in the rolling part of the manufacturing
of roofing material, which is not used in their pond safe liner (Pond
Guard).
Certain roofing materials have mildew resistant chemicals added as well.
Check into this before you buy a liner.
I know folks who have used roofing material successfully.
With all the costs and time associated with pond installation, not to
mention the costs of the fish, I personally would rather spend more $$ up
front on a guaranteed fish safe product.
I would dread the thought of having to rip out a pond, and start over if
there was a problem
Happy ponding,
Greg

--

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message ...

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone here has roofing liner in their ponds and how

it
has held up.
Also if it is actually cost less than pond liner.
I am going to expand in the fall and was researching the idea.
Priss