Old 17-08-2003, 02:07 AM
BenignVanilla

Default Shareholders Pond; Weekend Plans

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. ..
Just to set the record straight, I am not the "Anne who wants the rosies,"
I'm the Mrs. Language Person Anne who does rather enjoy watching someone
else do the work!

I am also known (but only locally, or among family members) as the
fastest-Granny-with-a-camera ever seen!

Keep us posted, BV!

snip

Posted it is.

I drained a few inches out of the pond, so I could 1) do a water change
(ain'tcha proud k30a?), and 2) So I could work on the VF. I built a sand bag
wall across the center of the pond, and put the pump in the lower section.
It now pumps up to the other side, which raised up a good foot or so. It
looks so much better now. There is very little liner showing, and the small
amount that is showing will quickly dissapear behind plants.

I need to check the flow rate, somehow, to make sure it is circulating fast
enough. Right now I am pumping 1000gph up to the upper VF, and it is gravity
feeding back to the pond via a 1 1/2 PVC which steps up to 4''. Some of the
water flows backwards into the lower pond, so my dwell time is certainly
higher. I plan to do some water tests tomorrow to see how it is working.

I'll post pictures soon.

BV.