Old 03-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Cricket

Default Newbie Q: Baby spinach

I've always referred to spinach picked young as baby spinach. I've sold a
bunch to health food stores that way. Long Standing Bloomsdale Spinach is
particularly good this way for me.

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket
"Irving Kimura" wrote in message

Pardon the dumb question, but is baby spinach, as the name implies,
just young spinach, or is it a particular species/variety of spinach?
If it is the former, is any variety of spinach recommended to
harvest as baby spinach for salads? If it is the latter, can
someone recommend a mail-order retail supplier of baby spinach
seed?

Thanks,

-Irv