Old 18-08-2003, 12:05 AM
ned

Default Clover like weed with yellow flowers

Mike wrote:
Over the past year or two I;ve noticed and increase in a weed that

has
small clover like leaves, dark brown/green with tiny yellow flowers.
It seems to get everywhere and has a very fragile but evasive weed
system so getting it all out is very difficult.

Have tried tumbledown, weed wand and straightforward weeding but it
seems to keep coming back.

Anyone know what it is and what is the best form of attack ?

At a guess, it's Yellow Oxalis (Oxalis corniculata).
The bane of my life!!!
Whatever you do, try to stop it in flower. That is when it is most
noticeable. But the seed pods seem capable of ejecting seed over
considerable distances and once it is in the lawn it is almost
impossible to eradicate.
The thing that bugs me most, is that the weed is actually offered for
sale in garden centres!!!
Urrrrgh.
I still try to hand weed whenever I see it. But, yes, you do need to
get all of that fragile root out.

--
ned