Old 18-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Melissa Ollett

Default Killing possums?

In article ,
says...
g'day roger,

that's an interesting one, don't reckon the law has been changed you
get wildlife officers to trap and relocate but as for killing any
protected critters dunno sounds dodgy to me. like i have heard you
can't have any part of a protected critter in your possession.

we live in rural and snakes are part of life but as far as the law
goes they can't be killed.

len

snipped

I was talking to a friend who keeps many native protected animals. She
was telling me that (here in SA at least) the brush tailed possum is no
longer a protected species.

I would assume she knows what she's talking about, since she is licensed
to keep native animals. Still, I would check it out further before
actually euthansing one.

--
Please reply to newsgroup. Reply address is invalid to avoid spammers.