Old 20-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Rosarosam

Default Some picture of my roses

G'dday
Here (NZ) there's two different Monsieur Tillier : one coming from England
and one "local".
Do you have the same thing in Australia?

"Kirra" wrote in message

"Daniel Hanna" wrote in message
home.com.au...
In Kirra wrote:
We have planted Monsieur Tillier, Rosette Delizy, Mrs B R Cant and
Francis Dubreuil in the Tea range.

It's freakish Kirra - all those teas would be on my short list if I had
the space. I have Duchesse de Brabant this year. Others I look
longingly at are Hugo Roller and General Gallieni.

While I haven't specifically asked the group what I should have purchased,

have been mentally noting for the last year different roses that people

have
liked and then picked roses with names that I was familiar with. So it is
quite likely that I have picked the teas that people have mentioned they
want to grow or are already growing. I think it was from your web site

that
I decided to pick Monsieur Tillier. Though I will admit to picking Rosette
Delizy because I thought the picture of the flower looked nice and not

from
any particulate knowledge of the rose

I have been wondering about General Gallieni over the last couple of weeks
but haven't heard of Hugo Roller. I'll have to look it up.

My Mrs B R Cant gave up the ghost in over-soaked clay soil early this
year. Until then it was a great bush with the best tea blooms I've

seen.

Sorry to hear that your Mrs B R Cant didn't survive but reassuring to know
that the blooms are good. Did you replant it, or was it an excuse to

plant
a different rose because you now had a space

I also have Mme Alfred Carriere, but a local possum feeds on the new
shoots whenever they appear, so it's sulking in a corner.

This one seems to be putting on a lot of growth in comparison to the other
roses in our garden. Hopefully the possums have more than enough to eat in
the nearby bush and won't be tempted to come looking for roses. Although
there does seem to be something that munches a cane here and there in the
garden. Don't know what it is but maybe it is a possum...

Good luck with your teas!

Thanks.

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia