Old 20-08-2003, 07:12 AM
Kirra

Default Some picture of my roses

"Rosarosam" wrote in message
G'dday
Here (NZ) there's two different Monsieur Tillier : one coming from England
and one "local".
Do you have the same thing in Australia?

I didn't even know there was a difference until you posted this. I did a
little research and HelpMeFind says that the New Zealand one is "aka
Archduke Joseph" and that "In Gardening with Old Roses, p. 30, Alan Sinclair
and Rosemary Thodey say that this rose (Archduke Joseph) is known in New
Zealand as 'Monsieur Tillier'".

I got my MT from a local nursery (Perrotts) and I think they order their
OGRs from Misty Downs (a guess as I saw a few Misty Downs tags on some roses
while I was at Perrots). I went to the Misty Downs site
http://www.mistydowns.com.au and they have "Synonymous Names: Archduke
Joseph" for their Monsieur Tillier. So I think it is highly possible that
the rose I have is the "local" one rather than the English one.

My MT hasn't flowered yet, but when it does I'll post some pictures and
maybe we can do a comparison between it and any pictures from people in the
Northern Hemisphere. Do you know what the differences are supposed to be
between the two roses? I noticed you have MT on your website, I presume it
is the local one ... ?

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
zone 10