Old 20-08-2003, 07:22 AM
Kirra

Default Some picture of my roses

"Daniel Hanna" wrote in message

I have been wondering about General Gallieni over the last couple of
weeks but haven't heard of Hugo Roller. I'll have to look it up.

http://www.mistydowns.com.au/detaile...asp?roseID=567
It's a 1907 bred William Paul rose. Another one of those lost tea
varieties that only seems available now in Australia. The picture on
the Mistydowns site is not very flattering. It has a long heritage of
being planted near farmhouses in the Hawkesbury district. According to
Honeysuckle nursery, there are old specimens near ruins that have run
wild and bear 200+ flowers per flush. It reportedly thrives on heat.

Now you know that you really shouldn't post stuff like this. I am still to
make an order from Misty Downs (Mme Isaac Piere, Nuits de Young and Baby
Faurax) and now you go and show me more! I could squeze in Hugo Roller since
it is compact, flowers lots and "Blend of Cherry Reds, Pinks & Lemon Cream"
sounds really nice. But I think GG will just have to wait because I don't
have room for another rose of this size just yet

Sorry to hear that your Mrs B R Cant didn't survive but reassuring to
know that the blooms are good. Did you replant it, or was it an
excuse to plant a different rose because you now had a space

I didn't replant it - replaced it with a romantica 'La Rose' for now,
but if I saw Mrs B R again I would get it in a minute. Disease
resistance was superb and it repeated pretty well.

My favourite type of rose in this humid environment - disease resistance and
repeatability.

Thanks,

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia