Old 21-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Zack Lau

Default transplanting or moving established rose

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
m...
Zack, how do you plan to make the styrofoam peanuts stay put??? Even the
slightest breeze would have them all over the neighborhood, I'd think.

I was thinking wrapping the roses with gunnysack and filling in the air
space with
peanuts for more insulation.

Sorry, I didn't understand the part about "composting the plants" unless

you
meant that the plants could die if the weather got too hot.

I've heard that mulching the plants with leaves can be a bad idea when
the weather gets unseasonably warm during the winter--"composting the
plants."

I think roses get adapted to winter--we only lost one rose that had survived
previous winter. The newly planted roses will get more protection this year

Zack Lau W1VT