Old 21-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Kirra

Default Some picture of my roses

"Shiva" wrote in message
s.com...
Wow, Kirra, nice job!

I love "Dream" as I never tire of yellow bicolors. "Minuet" has really
gorgeous colors and those dark green, shiny leaves! I wonder if this
one has another name over here? I will check help.me.find.come when I
have time.

Dream is somewhere between a mini and a patio rose and it kind of closer to
an orangey/apricoty colour with a yellow base. It also has a slight
fragrance which was refreshing since most of my minis do not.

Minuette is available in the US from Regan Nursery and Vintage according to
HelpMeFind. You might not like it so much when you learn that it has no
fragrance. However I must say that the flower lasts a really long time. That
bloom was already over a week old when I took that photo and it was another
week or two until I finally snapped the bloom off when the petals started to
look a bit faded. It also held its form for most of that time as well
without going muddled in the centre.

Red Gold is gorgeous, and when I look at your Crepuscule I can see why
people rave over this rose.

The color of "Friesia" reminds me of that of Oregold.

Tell me, which of your roses have fragrance to your nose?

Did you realise Friesia is our name for Sunsprite? So, as far as fragrance
goes, Friesia and Double Delight would have to be my most fragrant ones. I
also like the fragrance of Apricot Nectar, Eric the Red and Brisbane Blush.
I still have quite a few roses that have bought that have not bloomed yet so
I am sure that this list will increase shortly.

Kirra