Old 22-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Travis

Default Arrow bamboo screen

Ken wrote:
Can any experts out there help?

I am planning on putting up a screen at the side of my house
using arrow bamboo but despite looking on the web for a couple
of hours I haven't managed to find out -

1. how deep the roots need to grow in order to reach 4-5m
height (the plants will be in a confined brick trough).
2. I would like near complete screening of light - what depth of
plantation would buy me this? and what density do I need to
plant the shoots?
3. Where can I get and at what height should the plants be to
get established quickly (say in 1-2 years)?
4. I have (approx) a 5m "strip" of screen to grow - what
quantity of plants should I budget for?
5. I understand that my screening could be jeopardised if the
plants flower - how often is this likely to happen and how
severe is the die back?

Any feedback/advice would be great.

I would go here http://www.topica.com/lists/BambooGrove join and ask
your question there.