Old 22-08-2003, 02:22 PM
NS9G

Default New to composting

"Allan Matthews" wrote in message
Last month I built a raised garden and after reading this ng decided
to make some compost. I went to a local business and got four
discarded pallets, stood them upright and wired the corners so I have
a bin about 5 feet square and 3 1/2 feet high. Yesterday I got four
bales of moldy hay that was left in the field last year. Put about 6
inches in the bottom of the bin then started mowing lawn and bagging
clippings. I moistened the hay then layered grass clippings and moldy
hay until the bin was full. Grass was also moist..Appreciate any
suggestions.

Sounds like a lot of work. I just use that sort of stuff as mulch. It will
compost itself.
--
73 de Bob NS9G