Old 22-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default New to composting

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:34:11 -0400, Allan Matthews
wrote:

Last month I built a raised garden and after reading this ng decided
to make some compost. I went to a local business and got four
discarded pallets, stood them upright and wired the corners so I have
a bin about 5 feet square and 3 1/2 feet high. Yesterday I got four
bales of moldy hay that was left in the field last year. Put about 6
inches in the bottom of the bin then started mowing lawn and bagging
clippings. I moistened the hay then layered grass clippings and moldy
hay until the bin was full. Grass was also moist..Appreciate any
suggestions.

Add your (non-meat) kitchen scraps too.

Pat