Old 25-08-2003, 08:02 PM
profpam

Default Phal bellina Seed Pod for trade

Hi, Jonathan,

This sounds really enticing; however, you might consider donating the
pod to one of the labs (Troy Meyers Conservatory, for example) as they
check the pod for viable embryos. Some of my nicest pods (Cattleya
guttata 'Leopoldi' for example) turned out to be overflowing with seed
and embryo-less. And, sometimes a pod that has not yet matured will go
belly-up should it get too much moisture, etc. This is to say that I
don't like to count my chickens before they hatch.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Jonathan Phua wrote:

Hi,
I've got a phal bellina seed pod for trade. It's a selfing of a bredding
stock from Ampang, Malaysia. The form of the flower isn't very fantastic,
but it has huge blooms considering it's size. The first bloom of the plant
is 5cm accross. The flower has a very heavy texture. another plus point of
this bellina is that the fragrance is absolutely strong, the fragrance of
one bloom can fill the whole car, it's fragrance is unlike other bellina's
I've come accross. The shape is not very perfect, but it has an excellant
size and wonderful smell.
The pod will be ready in 2-3 months, I will send it as a dry pod.
I would like a flask of any paph species in exchange, can be any size, I
don't mind the size.
I live in Singapore.

Jonathan Phua