Old 26-08-2003, 12:22 AM
Dinky

Default Snails - Benifit or Pest?

"Martin A. Gross" wrote in message
news
You know those little snails that come with every plant you buy? Why are
they considered to be a pest? Don't they virtually eliminate algae on
plant
leaves? What is everyone's opinions of them? Are they beneficial to

planted
aquariums, or are they a nuisance?

Most snails will eat your plants. Few snails are plant safe. MTS's, and a
couple varietys of Apple snail, to name a couple. I have one tank with no
plants, and I let the snails be, because they *do* keep the place clean. I
kill them with extreme prejudice in my planted tanks. I have enough to worry
about with the damn SAE's eating the anubias blossoms.

billy