Old 26-08-2003, 05:04 AM
Bob

Default Uneven grass height after mowing with my new Toro Recycler??-Suggestions Please??

"m olofson" wrote in message
m...
I just purchased a new Toro Recycler yesterday. After mowing(mulching)
I find the grass height to be very uneven.

I have had a toro recycler for a number of years. Indeed, it does not have
much suction. It does not lift the grass hardly at all. After a season of
using it, I get grass growing from long horizontal stems. If you rake it
with a lifting motion, some stems with stand up 6-9". I frequently mow with
a snapper bagger to lift the grass and cut some of these stems. Of course,
sometimes it will grab a bunch of the stems, and leave a "scalped" area
which then appears yellow. I talked to toro about the problem, and they
basically said "that's the way it is".

Bob