Old 26-08-2003, 06:12 AM

Default Herbs - Safely Trimming

Hi, everybody...

I am really new to this, so please bear with me...

I have started collecting herbs, parsley,
coriander, etc. My undertanding is that I can
keep these growing permanently, and just trim off
a bit now and then for putting into dinner.

However, I am unsure about how much I can trim,
while keeping the plants healthy.

Right now, I have them in 4-inch containers from
the local store. Unless there are any other
ideas, this weekend I will spread the individual
plants/stems out a bit, and transfer them to 10-
litre (2.5 gal) buckets.

Currently, the stems with leaves are up to about
10-inches.

Can I eat some now? Or should I wait for more
growth?

Thanks for you help, and I love this NG!

Oh, oops... I should mention that I am in the
Southern Hemisphere, so we are just now
approaching springtime.