Old 27-08-2003, 02:27 AM
Graham Feeley

Default Killing possums?

Well I have a pesky possum as well as rats so I called in the pest man told
me that he can not lay rat bait in case he killed the possum.
He said he could go to jail for that (Qld) so now they have to catch the
possum first and let it go in the same area ( my backyard).
and I have to patch the entrance up so he cant get back in.
So i am in limbo at the moment.
Grah

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Roger Riordan" wrote in message
news
we live in Victoria, and, last I heard possums were a protected species,
and
there was a $5,000 fine for killing the little dears. But my wife was

listening
to Dr Hugh Worth yesterday, and thought that he told a listener that if

they
caught a pesky possum, they could either move it to a location not more

than 50
metres away from where they caught it, or they could take it to the Vet

and have
it euthanased at their own expense. Has the law been changed?

Roger Riordan AM