Old 27-08-2003, 03:27 AM
kush

Default Vallisneria flower

LeighMo wrote in message
My Val's blooming. At least I think it's a Val. I've got some pics up:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/...881/vallis.htm

I really like this plant, whatever it is. It stays in tight clumps,

rather
than spreading all over the tank. And it stays fairly short.

Leigh

Hi, Leigh. That's a sagittaria subulata aka dwarf sag.

Mine bloom quite often. Every once in a while, under intense lighting, an
air bubble will form on the bud and the flower will bloom inside the bubble.

Eventually my dwarf sags always grow to the surface of the water, whatever
height that may be. In small tanks it stays short, in larger tanks it grows
long. It reproduces by runners, but the runners seem to be shorter than the
standard sags.

My most prolific grower! I compost a five gallon bucket of it every month
or so!

kush