Old 27-08-2003, 10:13 AM
len brauer

Default Killing possums?

mm fairly cavalier type response, the epa aren't concerened whether an
animal is in short supply or over supply the simple rule is all native
species are protected.

now the possum in new zealand is the possum introduced from here,
there it is a pest and a ferrel so it is not protected and under those
conditions should be culled or eliminated like we would like to do
with the many ferel species that inhabit australia.

and of course we humans can possum proof our homes or at the very
least make it harder for them to have much of an impact. if you can
identify the route the possum takes to get onto your house then close
that route off you will have gone most of the way to solving your
problem i would presume.

give it a go

len

snipped