Old 27-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Wanda

Default Grafting Oranges onto my Lemon Tree ???

There are trees available with various types of citrus grafted onto the one
root stock, so it's obviously possible. My mother did something similar when
the branch of her grapefruit was snapped right off. She bound the two parts
together tightly with an old stocking & left it for a month or so.

"Terry Collins" wrote in message

My question is whether it is possible to graft or bud oranges onto my

lemon
tree.

It is my understanding that all the citrus trees you buy are actually
lemon, orange, lime, etc grafted onto some other citrus stock.

At one stage it was common lemon stock as that had the best root growth.

You can check this out by looking at availabe stock on sale and see how
it has bumps in the stem/trunk.