Old 27-08-2003, 04:02 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default Snail Eater?

She didn't say they can't or won't, she said they don't do well... that is
true....

and I would venture a guess that your loner hates you for taking his friends
away... I have two, inseperable, and they try to school with similar sized
fish, but can't... why? because they are a social animal, liking to school,
play and interact with others of their kind...

"Dick" wrote in message
I know that one Clown Loach can live alone. I had 7 in a tank and
added another 29 gallon tank. Two in the original tank were always
together, so I put them in the 29 gal. Then I added a 10 gal tank,
again I had noticed a "loner" in my 75 gallon tank. I moved him and
some other fish to the 10 gallon. He seems very content and looks
larger and more colorful than the remaining Clowns in the 75 gal tank.
I know some of this is due to the lighting and size in the 10 gallon
enhancing my view of him, but I would say you can have a happy Clown
if you watch and look for the "loner." I think my loner feels like he
is king of the tank.

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:12:47 -0400 (EDT), (~Vicki
~) wrote:

Do you think the Black Knife is a good snail eater. The only other fish
I have are some Angels, Rainbows, Tetras, Flying Foxes and Corys.

Flying Foxes do enjoy a snail or two from time to time. Best snail
removing fish are clown loaches. Get at least three of them (they
school and will not do well alone) and before ya know it all of your
snails will be gone.

Vicki