Old 27-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Bob Bauer

Default Another happy rugosa in zone 8b, and other drivel

Cass asked:

Bob, how is Looping growing for you?

Hi Cass! All of the roses that you nursed for me are doing well.

Looping and Compassion are about 3 feet tall each, in larger pots,
have bloomed a couple of times and are about to go into the ground in
early September. ( I never plant anything in the blast furnace of
summer around these parts).

I haven't been much of a cyber rose guy for the last couple of months
because I'm out in the garden in all of my spare time . ....(or
sleeping..... heh ) I've noticed that my internet rose activity
really picks up steam after the killing frosts hit me. After that it
is all about rose fantasy for about 5 months.

Mary and I really enjoyed visiting your garden this spring. AND Mary
took one of your suggestions and settled a case with it. (nail them
with interoggatories.) Does that mean you get a commission?

...........Or at least a rose?

Oh, by the way, Phyllis Bide is "The Rose That Ate Cleveland"!
That thing grows like it's on fire, and is NEVER out of bloom. You
told me that a couple of years ago, but would I listen?...... well
actually I did, but I am still amazed.

Anything amazed you this year?

Have a good one,

Bob Bauer