Old 28-08-2003, 12:32 AM
dkat

Default How late is too late?

If you already have the fish, I can see nothing wrong with transporting them
from one "pool" to the other at almost any time. I think a concern would be
that your biological filter would not be functioning to break down the
ammonia and you would have not plants to take it in either. But if you
already have established pools then you have what you need for the fish. I
am assuming you know either let the water in the new pond set long enough
for the chemicals that come in your tap water to evaporate or to use
something such as pond care stress coat to remove them... I would use that
in any case since the fish will be stressed when you move them.

DKat

"FBCS" wrote in message
What will I do with my fish? I am enlarging the area where my fish are now
in preforms.
"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
Autumn is the ideal time to put in a new pond. Only thing
is do Not introduce fish - I waited until the following
spring to do that.

Good Luck!

Nedra

"FBCS" wrote in message
I am digging ... it is going slowly.... how long do I have for the

pond
process before going into winter. I'm zone 7a. Does irt matter? Joann