Old 28-08-2003, 04:05 AM
FBCS

Default How late is too late?

Hey Rich,
I have a 2000 bio-force functioning right now that I plan to keep in the
line of filtering. To the new pond (5000gal) I will be adding a Pro Pond
Skimmer to the settling tank, a Retro drain to the settling tank to a
pre-filter to the pump 5800 Sequence to 2000 Bio-Force to Skippy falls. All
are new except the 2000 Bioforce that I now use on 500 gals and it's
overworked. I have to get it in before long so my fish survive the winter.
I have thought of giving away all GF and just keeping my Koi, but I would
still be overloaded with just the Koi. Do you think I will be okay? Joann

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
Joann,

It is never TOO late. If your current filters and filter material is

being
used for the fish, and if you can move those filters with the fish, then

the
pond should have good filtration to take care of the fish waste. If not,
then refrain from feeding, at least very much, until the filter has a

chance
of building up to handle the waste. Monitor the ammonia and nitrites
closely during startup.
--
RichToyBox

"FBCS" wrote in message
I am digging ... it is going slowly.... how long do I have for the pond

process before going into winter. I'm zone 7a. Does irt matter? Joann